Friday, December 16, 2005

Having been remiss...



Well, I've been a pretty slack blogger, I know. One of my excuses is that I really liked having that B&W post "Mon Metier" at the top of the window every time I looked here, so maybe I'll come up with another art nude for some later post and still end up liking the first sight.

Here are some random mostly watercolors. The pencil drawing at the top left is from Andrew Wyeth's "Overflow", one of the Helga series. I use his stuff as a prototype fairly often. When I get around to it, I'll post two different takes I did of Siri from A.W.'s "The Virgin". One's in pencil and one in pen and they were done about a year apart. To me, they show more how I or my mood had changed than anything technical. The thing about Wyeth, though, is that he's so daunting. I have reached the point where I can read Hemingway and still somehow trust myself to write. Looking at Wyeth makes me re-examine any fantasies I have of ever being an artist.

No comments: